Here are some steps that you can take to reduce your chance of getting cancer:
- Be active and maintain a healthy weight. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes on 5 or more days each week.
- Don’t smoke. Quit now if you do.
- Eat well. A healthy diet includes whole-grain breads and cereals and 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Avoid UV radiation from overexposure to the sun, sunlamps and tanning booths.
- Avoid and treat infections that can cause cancer. Talk to your doctor about avoiding viruses that cause cancer, and about any stomach problems.
- Avoid chemicals and other substances that raise your risk of getting cancer. Follow instructions and safety tips on the products you use.
It is important to talk to a health professional about your specific cancer risks and what you can do to lower them. Make sure to discuss the cancers that people in your family have had.Sponsored links: