Fruits and vegetables is essential to our health. They provides vitamins and minerals that can protect our health. They also low in calories and contain higher fibers than other foods which makes them perfect for your healthy diet and weight control. Follow these tips to help you enjoy more fruits and vegetables.
- Stir low-fat or fat-free granola into a bowl of low-fat or fat-free yogurt. Top with sliced apples or frozen berries.
- Top toasted whole wheat bread with peanut butter and sliced bananas.
- Add vegetables, such as diced tomatoes and onions, to your egg or egg white omelet.
- Eat a piece of fruit like an apple, banana, or plum.
- Place a box of raisins in your child’s backpack and pack one for yourself, too.
- Put grapes and banana slices on wooden skewers and freeze for “fruit on a stick.”
For lunch and dinner:
- Ask for less cheese and more vegetable toppings on your pizza. Try onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- Spread low-fat cheese and low-fat or fat-free refried beans between two whole wheat tortillas. Brown on both sides in a pan until cheese melts. Top with salsa.
- Eat at least two vegetables with dinner.
- Add frozen vegetables like peas and broccoli to a casserole or pasta.