When you are angry, the main thing to do is to ask yourself – what are causing you to be angry. It is only when we realize that we are angry, then the anger can be controlled. You should also learn what are the effects of anger toward yourself.
Anger can be controlled by diverting attention on things that make you angry toward other things that you are not angry at. Only when the angry feeling reside then you can talk about the things that had make you angry. Spontaneous anger is normal, but is not good and this anger often affects health.
Among ways that can be done to control anger are:
- Do different things other than what being done when you are angry. For example, if you feel angry in standing position, try to sit or leave the particular place.
- Know the cause of your anger and ask yourself is it needed or worth to be angry.
- Practice attitude of calming down.
- Each time that you are being angry, express your anger on a piece of paper.
- Do make a note on how many times that you are angry in a week. This may helps to increase your awareness.
- Do assessment on yourself and try to change negative value that you found.
A Greek philosopher, Aristotle, said all people can show their anger. It is easy. But to be angry at the right people, at the right level of anger, at the right time, for the right reason and act in the right way – is very hard.Sponsored links: