- Chronic indigestion indicated by revulsion, gas (wind), inflatable stomach and sometimes pain in the abdominal area.
- Pain which come in sudden, consistently and moderate, then change to very painful in the center and upper right of the abdomen.This may indicate that the gallstone attack will happen. The feeling of pain may happen during the first one to two hours after lunch but that also can happen at night.
Usually, the pain takes 15 to 30 minute to few hours. The gallstones pain begin in the center and upper right of the abdomen and at certain times, will spread to back or right shoulder.
After the feeling of pain lessens, the person may feel medium pain or at the top of the abdomen for a day or more. Gallstone attack is erratic. It can take few weeks, months or years.
- Nauseas and vomits. Sometimes, gallstones is trapped at the base of the gallbladder and causes continuous pain or high fever.When this happens, you are advised to immediately get treatment. There are times that the gallstones escapes the gallbladder and enter the duct from the liver and gallbladder into the small intestine (common bile duct). It can also get through the duct that heads towards the pancreas.
There are several cases where the stones stuck and restrict the duct, causing a complication which is known as pancreatitis. You will likely to experience pain and fever caused by the swelling in stated area. If not treated immediately, it can be life-threatening.
Some signs and symptoms when the bile duct has clogged include skin and the white eye become yellow (jaundice), dark-colored urine, high fever and cold.
If you experience one or more symptoms of clogged bile duct – pain in the abdominal area, yellow discoloration on the skin and white eye (jaundice), murky urine, and high fever and cold – get an emergency treatment.
Be reminded that there is time, you will experience jaundice and change of urine and feces excrement color without any pain or severe indigestion. It may take period of several days before you become aware to the discoloration.
Gallstones is a disease inherited by hereditary and it’s formation is unstoppable. Other factors which may increase the risk of this condition are:
- Woman between the age of 20 and 60 years risk is double to confront it compared to man.
- When your body mass index (BMI) increase, your risk to suffer from gall stone disease is also increase.
- Low calorie diets and quick loss of body weight will disturb the chemical system, causing your gallbladder to contract less thus simultaneously enhance your risk to suffer gallstone formation.
- Your probability to suffer gallstone formation increases with your age.
More topics on Gallstone:
- Gallstones – The Silent Stones
- Gallstones’ Symptoms and Risk Factors
- Diagnosis and Types of Gallstone
- Treatments for Gallstones