Allergic conjunctivitis which is not infectious is a reaction to material such as pollen. Eye will become reddish quickly to be followed with hives and tearing eyes.
- Red eyes
- Expansion of blood vessels (become big) in sclera.
- Very severe eye irritation – eyes feels burning.
- Eye tearing
- Swollen eyelids
Best treatment is to avoid exposure towards allergen materials. Treat by pressing with cold fomentation on the eyes or taking antihistamine can relieve the discomfort sensed.
- Sit in the house when pollen number or humidity is reported above average or during windy day.
- Take drug that proposed by allergist / immunologist by suggested dosage.
- Be sure window is closed while traveling.
- Avoid from touching the eye with your hands.
- Stop cosmetic use for the eyes and replace / disinfect your contact lens.
- Eye poultice with cold fomentation to relieve it.