Allergic rhinitis is occurrence symptoms after being exposed to seasonal pollen of plants in air. Allergic rhinitis or hay fever involves allergic reaction to allergens such as pollens, fungi, mould, fur and dust. Pollen which is carried by winds is small and more often to cause hay fever. Very hot, dry and windy weather add pollen concentration in the air.
Signs and symptoms
- Mucus production.
- Irritation in
- Running nose/sneezes.
- Asthma/rhonchus sound (wheezing breath sound).
- Prevention is always the best treatment.
- Take antihistamine to relieve light to medium symptoms.
- Decongestant can also help to defuse symptoms like nasal cavity obstruction.
Hereunder are listed some ways to reduce the exposure to pollen and mould:
- Close windows at night to prevent pollen or mould from entering the house. If it is possible, use air conditioning that can clean, cool and dry the air.
- Wear mask or dust-cover when cutting the grass, collecting leaves or during house cleaning and eat particular medication before doing those things.
- Do not take given medication to reduce the allergic symptoms exceeding the prescribed dosage.
- Do not water plants in the house too often if you allergic to mould. Moist soil promotes mould growth.
- Close the car windows during a journey.
- Take your holiday in pollen free area like by the sea shore or beach.