Quickly Spot Anaphylactic Shock

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest

For some people, a simple bee sting can trigger a life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylactic shock.

Anaphylactic shock occurs when the body undergoes a major overreaction of its immune system and can cause breathing difficulties, swelling, circulatory collapse, coma, even death.

The main thing to do is to respond as quickly as possible and it is critical to know how to quickly spot the allergic reaction.

These are signs or symptoms that you can look for to recognize anaphylactic shock:

  • Airway – trouble speaking, breathing or swallowing.
  • Face – swelling, redness, itchiness of the face and tongue.
  • Stomach – vomiting, stomach pain or diarrhea.
  • Total body – paleness, swelling, rash, weakness, itchiness, loss of consciousness or sense of doom.
Sponsored links: