Serious memory problems affect your ability to carry out everyday life activities such as driving a car, shopping, or handling money. Signs of serious memory problems may include:
• Asking the same questions over and over again.
• Becoming lost in places you know well.
• Not being able to follow directions.
• Getting very confused about time, people, and places.
• Not taking care of yourself – eating poorly, not bathing, or being unsafe.
What to do about serious memory problems
If you are having any of the problems listed above, see your doctor. It’s important to find out what might be causing a serious memory problem. Your treatment depends on the cause of the problem.Sponsored links: