What do self esteem means?
Self esteem is our way of seeing ourselves. This includes:
- What we belief of our selves
- What we think of our selves
- What we feel of our selves
It is the way how we interact with ourselves and others. The components of self esteem include:
- Physical appearance
- Your view toward yourself and your view of others’ view towards you
- Feeling of self worthiness and self confidence
Why do you have to have positive self esteem?
Positive self esteem enables you to:
- Know and accept your body shape
- Have self worth
- Have self confident
How do you know that you have no self esteem?
Without good self esteem, you will become:
- Ashamed about yourself
- More dependent on your parents
- Become unfriendly
- Fear to establish a relationship
- Like to lower yourself
- Damage your own self. For example: smoking, taking medicine and reduce eating food outrageously
What would it be if you do nothing on this matter?
Doing nothing will:
- Affect your self worthiness and self confidence.
- Damage your social relationship.
- Makes you feel sad.
- Leads you to failure as an adult.
What are the ways to increase your self-esteem?
Do the followings:
- Make a list of things that you like and dislike about yourself
- Strengthen the things that you like and fix the things that you dislike about yourself
- Make yourself to have positive thinking
- Practice healthy lifestyle
- Accept criticisms as useful comments
Where can you get helps?
You can get advices and helps from:
- Your parent
- Trusted family members
- Counselor teacher
- Religious teacher
Get expert help from: