Dry looking skin which sometimes looks scaly can be caused by several factors. One of the factors is because it is exposed to cold air, which could come either from the weather or from the air conditioner.
A healthy skin, apart from looking soft and smooth, is also free from skin problems or irritations such as acne, cracked, hyperpigmentation (dark coloration on the skin) and several others.
You can try some of these following tips to prevent skin dryness:
- Don’t wash or rinse your skin too often. When you wash your skin too often, more if using soap, the skin will loose its natural moisture and it will make the skin dry.
- Use moisturizer. If your skin is sensitive, use moisturizer which does not contain perfume or lanoline. For normal skin prone to dry skin problem, use moisturizer cream.
- Avoid exposure to very cold air, it could cause skin to be drier.
- Play sports or do exercises for around 30 minutes, three times a week. Besides making you to be healthier, it also makes your skin looks fresh.
- Use sunscreen if the sunlight is too much; use sunscreen with at least of SPF-15.
- For lips you can use lips moisturizer to prevent dry and cracked lips.
- Drink a lot of water, around 2 to 3 liters daily, it will make your skin looks healthier.
But if even with the above mentioned ways your skin is still experiencing dryness, it is best for you to ask your doctor about it.Sponsored links: