Here are some basic tips to avoid being ‘food poisoned’. They are quite straight forward and easy:
- Wash your hands with hot, soapy water before and after touching food.
- Cook food thoroughly and at a high enough temperature to kill harmful bacteria.
- Keep raw meat, poultry or seafood and their juices away from cooked and ready-to-eat foods.
- Keep kitchen items, like utensils, counter tops and cutting boards, clean.
- Keep cold food cold and hot food hot.
- Refrigerate food within 2 hours after cooking. Set your refrigerator at 40°F or lower and your freezer at 0°F.
- Never defrost food on the kitchen counter. Use the refrigerator, cold running water or a microwave oven.
Take care of your stomach. Prevent food poisoning.Sponsored links: